A professional judge (judge) is responsible for scoring NSL’s physique competition. A judge is a person who, through experience and training has the ability to evaluate the physique of athletes. A judge is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Nspire Sports League (NSL).
- A judge must exercise professionalism at all times.
- A judge’s duties include the responsibility to judge Fitsport contests.
- A judge is responsible to use his or her experience, training and knowledge of the rules and scoring criteria in order to observe, analyze, and effectively score a contest.
- A judge is required to communicate effectively on all levels and maintain effective relationships with NSL as well as all other officials.
- The judge reports directly to the Head Judge and/or the NSL and must be prepared to discuss the outcome of any contest they judge.
- A judge must attend required training sessions and must be able to exhibit knowledge of the required scoring criteria and the governing statutes and regulations of the NSL.
- A judge may be expected to perform additional job related duties and may be required to have or develop additional specific job related knowledge and skills.
- An applicant must pass a background check.
- An applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- An applicant must not have been convicted of a felony or other crime of moral turpitude.
- An ideal applicant is familiar with physique scoring criteria.
- An applicant must have the ability to critically analyze and effectively score a professional contest.
- An applicant must have the ability to concentrate and focus on the athletes without being distracted by the surroundings.
- An applicant is required to arrive one (1) hour prior to the event, stay until the event is completed, and attend a debriefing meeting held at the conclusion of every event.
- An applicant cannot have any direct affiliation with any competing athlete.
- The NSL reserve the right to add additional criteria as the need arises.
- A judge is not paid a salary or provided any benefits.
- A judge is compensated at the conclusion of each event. The range of compensation varies depending on the particular contest.
- There is no guaranty of a certain number of assignments or a specific amount of compensation in each fiscal year. Assignments to specific contests are at the discretion of the NSL and are based on experience, recent performance, reliability, professionalism, and difficulty of the assignment.
- The position is open to all qualified applicants.
- Candidates will be selected through an interview process based on the following criteria: prior experience, successfully passing a Professional Judging Examination, and successfully judging one or more physique videos.
- Once selected, the candidate must participate in a mentoring program with the NSL’s Head Judge
- Please submit a resume with social media handles to: Stephanie@nspiresl.com